January 9th, 2006
The terms “we” and “us” include not only myself, but anyone who acts on behalf of Box Turtle Bulletin, now or at any time in the future.
By “you”, we mean you, the reader, or anyone who reads, downloads from, or in any way uses anything that is found on Box Turtle Bulletin at any time in the past, present, or future.
By “use”, we mean accessing, reading or displaying any of the material on this site, or using or sharing the information you find on this site at any time for any purpose.
Everything you see on Box Turtle Bulletin is the copyrighted property of Box Turtle Bulletin unless it is specifically marked otherwise. Â It includes all content found on the web site, as well as content published through Box Turtle Bulletin’s RSS feeds and email newsletter.
This site and all materials on it are protected under United States copyright laws. These laws give creators of original works the exclusive right to use their works for a period of time. According to these laws, copyrighted materials may not be used or copied without the express written consent of the copyright holder.
Nothing in these Terms gives you ownership rights to any material on this site. You may not sell, assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer these materials, copy them for other than approved uses, publish them on other Web sites, or in other media that exists today or at any time in the future, without our expressed written permission. This restriction extends to any content found at www.boxturtlebulletin.com or distributed via our RSS Feeds, or our email newsletter. Content that we distribute via RSS and email newsletters are for your own personal use only. Under no circumstances may content from Box Turtle Bulletin’s RSS feed be republished onto another web site, or redistributed in any way, shape or form via any channels which exist outside of our control and authorization, without the expressed written consent of Box Turtle Bulletin.com.
Permissions and Restrictions
Individuals are licensed by Box Turtle Bulletin to access the materials owned by Box Turtle Bulletin for private non-commercial (i.e. educational, personal or professional) purposes only. This license however does not authorize you to re-publish or redistribute materials owned by Box Turtle Bulletin except as follows.
- You may print an unlimited number of paper copies of anything you find here, as long as you follow all of these rules:
- You may copy articles for free distribution on paper as long as the article is copied in its entirety, without modifications. You may not add, remove, change, distort, or misrepresent anything you find on Box Turtle Bulletin. Non-material changes (such as formatting, typeface, visual style, etc) are permissible as long as there is no modification to the meaning, tone, information or message contained in the article.
- All copies must retain their copyright and trademark notices. All copies must also credit the author and Box Turtle Bulletin, and they must include our URL (http://www.BoxTurtleBulletin.com) or the article’s URL.
- You may not copy an article if a prohibition against making copies is included in that article’s copyright statement. This applies primarily to articles in which someone else owns the rights to the article and wishes that it not be distributed. If no prohibition against making printed copies is included in the copyright statement, then you are free to make paper copies under these terms.
- If you make printed copies of articles for free distribution, make sure it’s really free and no fee is charged. Don’t charge for it, and don’t give it away for free while charging for advertising. You may not distribute any articles for profit.
- You may not distribute the article with any material containing pornography, explicitly adult material, prurient depiction or advocacy of sexual activity with minors, or profanity.
- You may not distribute the article with any material that endorses hate or violence, or endorses intolerance on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, or gender.
- You may share information that you find on social media networks such as Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., but you must include a link back to the original post at boxturtlebulletin.com.
- If you are a subscriber to the email newsletter, you may forward the email newsletter to others who you believe may be interested. You may not however republish the newsletter or any portions of it as your own, either via another email newsletter or through any other means.
You may not use any material on Box Turtle Bulletin in such a way that implies that Box Turtle Bulletin endorses a product or service.
If you want to do something beyond what we describe here, you must obtain expressed written consent from Box Turtle Bulletin.
Warranties and Liabilities
We do our best to make sure that the information provided in Box Turtle Bulletin is as fair and accurate as possible. However, everything you see here is presented as is and on an as available basis. Box Turtle Bulletin makes no warranty, expressed or implied, for these materials, their title, accuracy, non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose, or the performance or results you may obtain from their use.
Box Turtle Bulletin shall not be held liable for any direct, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, loss of reputation or goodwill, or any other personal or professional consequence that may result from your use of, or your inability to use, the materials in this site.
Information About Health And Well-Being
Whatever medical or mental health information we provide on Box Turtle Bulletin is given in good faith. But it is important to remember that we’re not doctors. Don’t trust anything you read on this web site — or any other web site — as though it were sound medical or mental-health advice. Always ask your physician or mental health professional if you have any concerns about your well-being or that of your loved ones. Never disregard professional advice or wait before seeking it, and especially don’t do this because of something you may have read on this web site or any other site. We cannot be held responsible for your failure to seek prompt and competent professional attention.
Information About The Law
Many legal issues are of special interest to our readers, including such things as marriage rights, estate and financial planning, living wills and trusts, powers of attorney, employment rights, hate crimes, domestic partnerships, community property, etc. Whatever legal information we provide on Box Turtle Bulletin is given with the best of intentions, but none of it should be taken as legal advice. If you have any legal questions or concerns, you should always consult a qualified attorney who can advise you based on your specific situation. We are not responsible for any legal consequences which you may incur as a result of anything you read on this web site.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other Web sites as a convenience. These links do not imply that we approve of or endorse what you find on that site. We are not responsible for their content, their use, reliability, or availability. We are also not responsible for their terms and conditions, privacy policies or lack thereof.
Links from Other Sites
Box Turtle Bulletin welcomes links from other sites. We’ll try really hard not to alter our URL’s or remove content because we don’t want your web site to suffer from broken links any more than we want it for our own. However, we cannot guarantee that a URL we create today does not become inactive tomorrow. We may change our URL’s without warning, and we may choose to remove content at any time.
You’re free to link to any web page on Box Turtle Bulletin, no matter how deep the link may be. Link to web pages only. Do not, under any circumstances, link directly to any images on Box Turtle Bulletin.
Do not, under any circumstances, “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Box Turtle Bulletin web site. Do not, under any circumstances, republish content from our RSS feed without expressed written permission from Box Turtle Bulletin.
All remarks, comments, suggestions, ideas, photos, graphics, inventions, or other materials that you send to Box Turtle Bulletin become the property of Box Turtle Bulletin. Once we receive it, it is ours to do with it as we wish, including publishing it in part or in whole. We can use it, or anything like it, in anything we do without paying you or anyone else for it.
We retain rights of ownership for all communications of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to: E-mail, letters, postcards, photographs, faxes, phone messages or conversations, personal conversations, text messages (including instant messaging services), audio or video recordings or any other medium or mode of personal communications which exists now or in the future.
If you are dissatisfied with any materials on this site or with these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue visiting this site or using the materials, and to cease all contact with us.
If you are dissatisfied with any materials on this site or with these Terms, and you do not avail yourself of the remedies specified above, your ongoing actions, communications, and use of our materials will constitute an admission to harassment, and may be pursued as such.
If any provision in these Terms is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, that finding will not affect the remaining provisions of these Terms. The remainder shall continue to remain in full effect and force.
While these Terms specify certain limitations and prohibitions, a lack of a specific limitation or prohibition does not imply permission beyond what is explicitly allowed in these Terms. If you have any questions, please E-mail us at the address at the bottom of these Terms.
Should we fail to exercise or enforce any part of these Terms, it doesn’t mean we give up the right to act differently in the future.
All obligations under these terms survive any termination of your relationship with Box Turtle Bulletin
These Terms may be changed at any time without notice.
Contact Box Turtle Bulletin